Creative, multitalented communications professional with over three years’ experience crafting communications material, marketing strategy, and advertising campaigns for both products and services. Highly experienced in all facets of the strategic communications process, from design to execution. Team player with excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills accustomed to producing quality results in deadline-driven environments.
Stark Aerospace- Rosslyn, VA
Marketing/Communications Specialist, September 2012-Present
- Plans marketing strategy for company. Works with advertising agencies to establish company presence in major industry-specific publications. Writes press releases and distributes across multiple channels.
- Serves as sole graphic designer for company- responsible for developing dynamic presentations, advertisements, brochures, event exhibits and product logos using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Manages $500K marketing budget. Tracks spending and budget forecasts, reporting directly to company leadership.
- Updates and maintains HTML and CSS content on company website. Writes website copy for new products/services and designs graphical web elements (Images, Banners, UI).
- Manages and facilitates three major industry-specific events per year. Responsibilities include advertising material design/procurement, company booth development, and overall logistics.
- Ensures that company brand standards are met and maintained across all marketing material. Continually updates and enhances all forms of marketing material to meet evolving industry requirements.
Metters Incorporated- McLean, VA
Communications Specialist, June 2010-September 2012
- Utilized Adobe Creative Suite to design graphical elements for company communications and marketing materials (banners, logos, charts, print, and web advertisements).
- Editor-in-chief for 6 company newsletters releases, distributed quarterly to over 300 employees. Designed and developed layout and graphics with Adobe Creative Suite. Manages publication schedule, authors, editing, printing, and distribution of both physical and electronic media.
- Provided significant contributions to company brand development and design. Led a re-branding campaign to create consistent internal and external company materials.
- Wrote and edited content for Metters’ social media outlets and planned a social media strategy involving the use of Facebook and LinkedIn to increase employee engagement.
- Participated in the development process for 25+ proposals each year. Organized and defined proposal objectives, developed “WIN” themes/strategies, and provided writing contributions. Sole graphic designer for proposal development; developed charts, graphs, cover pages, and headers on all proposals.
MLC Advertising- Harrisonburg, VA
Intern, January 2010-May 2010
Collaborated with the creative director at MLC to develop advertising campaigns for various local clients that included social media, traditional television, radio, and print components. Wrote and edited video, radio and website copy for a local book fair, a water filtration company and a motorcycle dealership.
Bachelor of Science Degree, James Madison University
“Casey Shaw is a very talented, detail-oriented, multi-tasker who is honest, trustworthy, and finishes any task given to her in an efficient and effective manner. She is a gifted survey researcher (both in the development of web surveys and the analysis of data) an excellent writer and she will represent any company or graduate program she applies to admirably.”- Dr. C. Leigh Nelson, Associate Professor, School of Communication Studies, James Madison University
“Casey Shaw is the real deal! As her former professor and academic advisor I can say that Casey is a top-notch woman in all aspects – she is an outstanding and accomplished scholar, a critical thinker, a world-traveler, a hard worker, and an all around go-getter. Whoever is lucky enough to hire Casey will not be disappointed. While Casey is a results minded individual - she also plays well with others. I am thankful to have the opportunity to teach and learn from students like Casey Shaw!”
- Thaddeus Herron, Instructor, School of Communication Studies, James Madison University
“Casey Shaw serves as a peer academic advisor for a new JMU program, the Madison Advising Peers. She was selected from a highly competitive pool of applicants to initiate this new program and ensure its success with the JMU student body. Casey has fulfilled a challenging set of job requirements and has made a positive difference in helping other students. Casey has learned complex academic requirements and processes and is able to explain them to individual students in a clear and helpful way to assist students with sound academic planning. Casey has been able to quickly adapt to different advising delivery methods including individual appointments and group presentations. Casey has done a stellar job and has made many positive contributions to the success of the Madison Advising Peer program. She is intelligent, hard working, competent and conscientious. She has been an absolute joy to work with and serves as a positive role model to others.” -Anna Lynn Bell, Director of University Advising, James Madison University