Contact: Cassandra Shaw cshaw1013 [at] gmail [dot] com Find me on LinkedIn.
Professional Bio Creative, multitalented communications professional with nearly five years’ experience crafting communications material, marketing strategy, and advertising campaigns for both products and services. Highly experienced in all facets of the strategic communications process, from design to execution. Team player with excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills accustomed to producing quality results in deadline-driven environments.
National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund- Washington, DC
Communications and Digital Media Associate, April 2013-Present
- Manages Memorial Fund social media presence, serving as administrator for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Blogger. Plans social media strategy around all platforms to grow and engage our audience.
- Grew Facebook likes by 40% (~76k) since April 2013, with an average of 3,500 new likes per month. Doubled Facebook post organic reach from an average of 310k to 620k per month.
- Uses Convio customer relationship management software to reach constituent mailing list of over 300,000 people, writing an average of 3 emails per week.
- Writes copy for organization press releases, writing both narrative and news-ready releases, and manages distribution through targeted email blasts and a press release distribution service.
- Interfaces with 3rd party partner organizations by developing design collateral (graphic design, publication development, videography) to meet their communications needs.
- Uses HTML and web content management system to make web-site updates and design emails.
- Tracks and analyzes web metrics using Google analytics and social media metrics using Facebook Insights, Twitter analytics, and HootSuite. Provides monthly reports on metrics to senior management.
- Acts as staff photographer, using a Nikon D5200 to photograph organization events. Plans photography shot lists for marketing purposes and edits photos with Adobe Photoshop. Manages outside professional photography company when additional coverage is needed, ensuring that events are staffed properly.
Stark Aerospace- Rosslyn, VA
Marketing/Communications Specialist, September 2012-April 2013
- Planned marketing strategy for company and worked with advertising agencies to establish company presence in major industry-specific publications.
- Managed $500K marketing budget and tracked spending and budget forecasts.
- Served as lead graphic designer for the company and was responsible for developing dynamic presentations, advertisements, brochures, event exhibits and product logos using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Maintained HTML and CSS content on company website. Wrote copy for new products/services and designed graphical web elements (Images, Banners, UI).
Metters Incorporated- McLean, VA
Communications Specialist, June 2010-September 2012
- Utilized Adobe Creative Suite to design graphical elements for company communications and marketing materials (banners, logos, charts, print, and web advertisements).
- Editor-in-chief for 6 company newsletters releases, distributed quarterly to over 300 employees. Designed and developed layout and graphics with Adobe Creative Suite. Manages publication schedule, authors, editing, printing, and distribution of both physical and electronic media.
- Provided significant contributions to company brand development and design. Led a re-branding campaign to create consistent internal and external company materials.
- Wrote and edited content for Metters’ social media outlets and planned a social media strategy involving the use of Facebook and LinkedIn to increase employee engagement.
- Participated in the development process for 25+ proposals each year. Organized and defined proposal objectives, developed “WIN” themes/strategies, and provided writing contributions. Sole graphic designer for proposal development; developed charts, graphs, cover pages, and headers on all proposals.
MLC Advertising- Harrisonburg, VA
Intern, January 2010-May 2010
Collaborated with the creative director at MLC to develop advertising campaigns for various local clients that included social media, traditional television, radio, and print components. Wrote and edited video, radio and website copy for a local book fair, a water filtration company and a motorcycle dealership.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree, James Madison University May, 2010 Majored in: Media Arts and Design, Corporate Communication concentration Communication Studies, Interpersonal Communication concentration